February 3, 2012

As for my future self

More to come later, but for now, a late night note-to-self:

Hey future Jessie,
It's August 2012. You're a first year! Congratulations! Now, you and I both know how easy it is for you to whither away months by counting down to the next big thing (like I am right now with college results. Guilty as charged.). So, to avoid wasting these precious four years, I want you to do something cheesy and out-of-character. Don't be ashamed. I want you to get a journal, decorate it, and inside have a page for every month. On the first of each month, write a list of things you want to do. Now, these should not be "goals" such as going to the gym twice a week or doing all of your homework. Especially if you're in a city, these should be actual events, museums you want to visit, comedy clubs you need to check out, academic opportunities/internships you should pursue. Don't get lazy and don't get passive. Accomplish these things. You have free time - use it! Besides, what are you going to remember more, another Netflix Instant movie or a day out exploring? Go exploring. Live where you are. Don't just inhabit it.
See you soon,
February Jessie

P.S. I would like to note that this is the first time I have written a self-help note to my future self. I am slightly ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment