January 30, 2012

As for....well, here we go again

Going out Saturday night was a marginally better decision than staying in. It was kind of meh and I just have very little interest in spending time around most of the people that were there. I'm always better in small groups anyway. It was fine. I needed a change of pacel; it didn't really provide one, but at least I stopped watching Netflix Instant for a couple hours. I don't know...I just still feel like I need a social shift. Something to happen, change, erupt, anything. I think travelling over February break might help, but at this point I'm just waiting. Waiting and waiting. Someone asked me the other day what year of high school I liked best and I didn't have an answer. Each one has had good moments, but none have stood out as "awesome fun years." I don't know if this is a bad thing or not, or if it matters.

In other news, I found out yesterday that a photo I printed last year won a Gold Key in a state-wide art competition! It's going to be displayed in an exhibition and everything. I smiled and felt good about  myself :).

Two months until acceptance letters arrive.

Also, I'm reading The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides and it's offering such a heady escape. It's really just beautifully written. Each phrase feels innovative, whether through an expression you wouldn't expect or just lovely simplicity. It's a keeper.

Traveler's Song - Fruit Bats

No comments:

Post a Comment