September 2, 2011

As for the fear of god and Claire Danes

Last year, I was really stressed. I was stressed about standardized testing, grades, extracurriculars, and my personal life. By the end of last year, I had consistently been self-inflicting sleep deprivation for weeks and was basically drained. So drained, in fact, that one night while studying for AP tests at 2 in the morning, I decided it would be a good idea - in the interest of documentation - to take a picture of my poor bedraggled self as an illustration of "This is as best as it gets." All I can say at this point is - I hope I was right. I hope I don't stress out as much as I did last year as I'm bound to this year about college applications. Because the essays have instilled the fear of god in me. It can't be healthy. When I can't sleep I fantasize about opening the email that starts with "Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you..." I've already picked out my happy song to dance around my room to if I get in (Blister in the Sun - The Violent Femmes). For those of you who are cool, you'll get the reference: Angela Chase danced around to that song in her room in "My So-Called Life" when she was happy about being over Jordan Catalano. Needless to say, I celebrate about academic achievements a tad more frequently than I celebrate about guys. *Sigh* Thus is life. Point being, you should all watch MSCL. It's on Netflix Instant. There is nothing stopping you. Go. Do it. Here is Angela Chase:

Image thanks to IMDB

In a similar vein, as a treat for you all, here is the song that Buffalo Tom played when they guested on MSCL. It's great in that 90s kind of way. Enjoy!

Late at Night - Buffalo Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment