September 15, 2011

As for trying to describe a season

It's just that crisp air. It feels like...renewal. Fall is my new year. It's like a reincarnation of who you happened to be last year and who you decided you were last summer - and then in real life. I feel resolved. Settled. I know where I am right now and I actually feel like I'm there. In age, in knowing what I want, in knowing what I have. And not to be salacious at all but....doesn't fall feel a little sexy to you? In that clear, cuddly, cool kind of way. In an innocent let's-hold-hands-while-we-sip-coffee together kind of way. (by the way, that=sexy). It's the kind of season when you would describe a man as 'attractive' or 'handsome,' not built. Also, we get to wear sweaters and over-sized button-ups all the time. Does it get any beter? Me thinks not. I personally crave cozy. If I could walk around all the time wearing a flannel shirt and boxers, I would. Oh wait...I do that at home all the time.  On top of it all, things should be stressful and hectic and decision-crazy and THEY ARE but - I feel confident. And that's the difference between fall-me and winter-me. Winter-me is downtrodden and overworked and burned out and restless with a heavy dose of ennui. I'm sorry for when you have to start reading her. I know I have decisions to make and things to get done and I will do them. That's all that counts. Newsflash: It's all gonna be ok.

In an effort to synthesize all these exciting-crisp-attractive-slightlycoolerandmaybealittlesad vibes, here is a master fall playlist. Enjoy! P.S. If you don't already, I highly encourage you to order the playlist in the shown order, it's much more of a voyage that way :)

Change of Time - Josh Ritter
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (Cover) - Fanfarlo
Scythian Empires - Andrew Bird
Maybe Not - Cat Power
Everywhere I Go - Lissie (ft. Ellie Goulding)
For Lovers - The Libertines
You Make Loving Fun - Fleetwood Mac
Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
Morning Light - Ida Maria
Lessons Learned - Matt & Kim
Little Bribes - Death Cab for Cutie
Simple Day - One Eskimo
Naked As We Came - Iron & Wine
Wild World - Cat Stevens
Almost Lover - Juliana Daily
Help Yourself - Sad Brad Smith
Soil, Soil - Tegan & Sara
Cold Cold Water - Mirah
Howl - Florence & The Machine
Flume - Bon Iver


No comments:

Post a Comment