September 5, 2011

As for those soft lilting notes and expletives

You know when it's late at night and you're just keeping yourself up because it's better than falling asleep and all you feel like doing is listening to soft melancholic music? Well, that was me last night. So, low and behold, I made a (mostly) Soft Nighttime Mix.

Teenage Love Song - Rilo Kiley
Flying High - Jem
Sweet Memory - Melody Gardot
Skinny Love (Cover) - Birdy
Calgary - Bon Iver
Whispering - Lea Michele (Spring Awakening)
It Doesn't Hurt - Katie Thompson
Sensible Heart - City and Colour
Who Knows, Who Cares - Local Natives
Skin & Bones - David J. Roch
Size Too Small - Sufjan Stevens
18th Floor Balcony - Blue October
How Am I Doing - Anna Waronker
Grow Till Tall - Jónsi

In other news, it is the last day of summer. I'm having a latte and a lemon poppy scone for lunch at the cafe. This is nice. Except for when I wake up this morning to my parents trying to...parent me. Errchhhhhh. WHY?! I have lived on my own for the past two summers. The transition back to minor life is always sucky, but whenever they make a concentrated effort to, you know, be my "support system," I always feel like listening to angry songs that overuse the f word (and special guest, shit). So, here is a F*ckin Angry playlist (actually some of these songs don't have that much anger, but you know, let's just appreciate the word use). 

F*ck You Right Back - Frankie
Die Motherf*cker Die - Get Set Go
F*ck You - Cee Lo Green
Dickhead - Kate Nash
Totally F*cked - Brian Johnson (Spring Awakening)
F*ck You - Lily Allen
Shit Song - Kate Nash
F*ck Was I - Jenny Owen Youngs
F*ck You - Garfunkel and Oates

Have a lovely last day of summer! And in the spirit of dreading the school year...I took and edited this in sophomore year. It pretty much embodies my hatred of school work and how I embrace cafe-living as a coping method. 

No comments:

Post a Comment