September 1, 2011

As for feeling down and frozen yogurt

Alright - it's time for a rave about frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt is so freakin' good. It's like, berries and ice cream (except lighter!) and a whole filling meal all at once! Perfect post-yoga munch. Also...it's healthy?! A new frozen yogurt shop just opened up in my town and needless to say I'm well on my way to becoming a frequent foodie there. Today they were serving chai flavored yogurt. Seriously. Does it get any better than this? Yum.

So, the other night I was wallowing in the senior blues. You know the type, "I'm so done with high school, get me the hell out of here, why am I not a year older..." etc. etc. It's obnoxious and cliché. But let's be real here, it happens for a reason. Going from living on my own and interning in a really independent environment to living with...parents....was a big transition for me. Not the - I'm not ready to grow up, I miss home - type of transition, but the - I'm a big girl I don't need this shit get me back to my real life as a 20something - type of transition. Yuk. That combined with the monumental amount of stress I'm submitting myself to about college essays = mopeyness. To the max. So, for you I have a "Feeling Mopey and Cheering Up" playlist. Unfortunately, the website I use to share these playlists with does not support all the songs on this list (but YouTube does).

Just a Friend (feat. Biz Markie, Matt Berninger, and Sharon Jones) - Booker T. Jones
Time Bomb - The Format
Whatever You Like (Single Version) - Anya Marina
Float On - Ben Lee
There Goes the Fear - Doves
Talk of the Town (feat. Kawika Kahiapo) - Jack Johnson
Love on the Rocks - Sara Bareilles
The Execution of All Things - Rilo Kiley
Simple Day - One EskimO
Melody - Kate Earl
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. - Noah and the Whale
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Wrecking Ball - Amelia Curran
Lost in the Post - The Wombats
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay (Live) - Sara Bareilles
I'm an Animal - Neko Case
All Balloons - One EskimO
Many the Miles - Sara Bareilles
Daylight - Matt & Kim
Calling All Crows - State Radio
Let's Dance to Joy Division - The Wombats
Valerie - Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment